12 July, 2017

Not out, but not quite in, either (Part VIII)

Dear sender,
Starting next Monday my manager is going on vacation for three weeks. However, I will still be in the office so this does not qualify as an out-of-office auto-reply. Nevertheless, please expect anyway delayed responses or no responses at all during this time-frame.
I plan to leave on vacation, too, but a bit later; most likely 1 or 2 days before her return, thus making sure to avoid potentially uncomfortable overlapping attendance during which the status of how things have been going on while she was gone might be checked upon and making sure that somebody else will have to take care of your inquiry or request if you insist on following up or even calling at the office.
So please do follow up in 2 to 4 weeks to ensure a reassignment and speedier resolution of whatever your problem was as well as clean backlog for me when I return.

No comments: