06 November, 2014

I'm still not in the office; food for thought. Because 'food for thought' sounds more interesting than 'part 2'.

Let's assume you have 3 apples. A friend comes and asks for half. What do you do?
Would you offer half an apple or 1,5 apples? Or no apple at all, as they're tasty or that person is not really your friend? Or both. If you cut an apple in half, do you discard the pips, or you share those as well? The pips are supposed to be really good for your lungs. Technically, you should share the pips, too. If you decide to share the pips and some drop on the counter, do you pick them up with your bare fingers, or do you use a napkin? Or pretend to use a napkin but use your fingers when the friend's not looking? Maybe it's easier to just give an entire apple? What if the friend actually expects 1,5? A bit impolite, maybe, but still. And you're really hungry, you had nothing for lunch. The apples were supposed to be your lunch. You saw him earlier eating a sandwich. He didn't offer to share. Still, you're a nice person and decide to share. One apple is slightly larger and looks really shiny. Another one is smaller and blemished. Would you pick the nice one for yourself Life would be much easier if you had 2 identical apples instead (or no friend to notice them). Sometimes less is more. And simpler. You wouldn't have all these problems. And you wouldn't have to read this. We could focus on your email instead if I were here. I'm not here, though. I'll be back before the end of the year. I may answer sooner, but if I'm not and it's important and you want to be sure you may send me a text. Or some tasty fruit. It helps. And it's good for you. And for me, if you send me some.

No comments: