02 November, 2014

Persnickety thoughts

Dim people need shades inside, the sun is blinding. Or at least the artificial light, there is not too much sunlight at all. The white phones are blinding, too. And deafening. Hence the headphones (also shiny). Health is important. Hence the woolly caps. It must be drafty indoors, from the tiniest coffee shop to the largest mall. You never know. Shades, big headphones and shiny phones. This you know. It's a pattern. It's not a cliché. And I am not biased. Well, maybe it is a cliché. Maybe I am biased. Probably I'm getting old. Technically, I am getting old. All the time. We all are. Now I'm getting philosophical. Again. I'm generalizing too much. My mind is getting lazy. My brain is not very well. I'd better get a woolly cap, to warm my brain for a bit. I could get some shades and headphones, while I'm at it? My eyes and ears need protection, too. Hmm, am I turning into one of them? Maybe they all had the same dilemma, way before me. And reached the same conclusion. Maybe they are older, they had more time to think this through. But they look so young... Maybe they're fast, and I'm slow. Maybe I'm not as smart, maybe they are smarter. But now I'm reaching the same conclusion. Maybe I'm getting smarter, too. Hahahaah, it's all good again. I'm evolving, and I'm feeling so much better now. My brain is nice and warm. There's no loud sound to bother me. And this dimmer light sure is cozy. Everything is getting better now. Everyone is much nicer. The lovely young lady smiles at me now while she pours my coffee. She has a lovely tongue pierce. I bet she has lovely eyes, too. I wish I could see them, but she has shades, too. Oh well, I can pay more attention to her neck tattoo. What an interesting tattoo. That must be her boyfriend's name. All curly. What a lucky guy. And those musical notes around it... Lovely young lady, indeed. If I loved music so much, I would start a band instead of wasting my time pouring coffee for all those grumpy old people. Wait, I'm getting unpleasant thoughts again. I'd better get a bigger woolly cap. And darker shades. And bigger headphones. This is not good. At some point I'll get through the darkest shade. And headphones so big it's almost impossible to wear them without ruining my woolly cap. What will I do then? It's not easy at all, maybe that's why they're not smiling. Hmm, too much evolution is not good at all. It's not easy being a smart sensitive young man today. Especially in a society where all these people are judging. And labeling others by the things they wear. Good thing I'm not one of them. I am nice and happy. Maybe I'll get another coffee. Maybe I'll get a tattoo; I'm not busy at all today. I wonder what I should get. It's nice in here, and cozy. I could bide for a wee longer. It's only been four hours.

No comments: